Fugawi Global Navigator Download Version
Fugawi Global Navigator™ - PC software tool for route planning, GPS programming, and real-time GPS navigation on land or sea
NOTICE: We no longer sell or support Fugawi Global Navigator software.
This page remains in place to allow download of the last release version of Fugawi Global Navigator. However technical support related to this product, or help with upgrading or installing this product is no longer available.
We thank our Fugawi software customers for their patronage over the past 20 years and encourage them to catch the new wave of mobile app navigation.
Information on product retirement
- You may continue to run Fugawi Global Navigator on Windows 8.1 or Wndows 10 computers but you need to follow the instructions on how to set the Fugawi45.exe file to run permanently in Administrator Mode, otherwise software activation and other features will likely fail.
- License resets for the purpose of installing on replacement computers continues to be available at present, final cessation of license resets is pending. Customers requesting a license reset must email (not phone) to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide their product key and serial code. We will not take phone requests for license resets due to security reasons. Manual software activation is no longer performed by phone either, only via email. If you have lost your product key and/or serial code expect a search for your license data to take up to 3 business days, no expediated reply service applies.
- No upgrade path exists in the Fugawi product range, including the retired Fugawi Marine 5 software. We recommend searching the Internet for Windows based marine navigation or land navigation software; or, better yet, adopt iOS or Android navigation software for which Fugawi sells downloadable charts.
- Fugawi Global Navigator 4.5 version 220.127.116.11 onwards no longers supports the Maptech SDK. Due to licensing restrictions we can no longer distribute the Maptech SDK. Customers who use older versions of the Fugawi Global Navigator software are advised to backup any downloaded installation files for their own personal use before upgrading to the final Fugawi 4.5 version. Please note that BSB charts (Including Maptech) generally remain compatible with Fugawi 4.5 but the software no longer uses the Maptech SDK to read the BSB charts; the consequence is that some variant BSB charts depending on the Maptech SDK are unable to import into Fugawi 4.5. If your charts are no longer supported in the final version of Fugawi 4.5, we cannot provide an earlier version.
- Current and Final Version (no technical support): Version 18.104.22.168 -- click the DOWNLOADS TAB button (above) to save the installer file to your hard drive.
Fugawi Global Navigator is Windows software for land and water route planning, image file calibration for producing your own GPS enabled maps, and for real-time GPS informed navigation using BSB/KAP raster charts and some other legacy map formats.
Trip Planning Features
- Create, draw, and edit waypoints, routes, and tracks in UTM coordinates or latitude/longitude
- Display and support for over a dozen map projections including: Mercator (most nautical charts), Universal Transverse Mercator (many topographical maps), Transverse Mercator, Equidistant Cylindrical and more!
- Display and support for over a dozen grids including: UK Ordnance Survey, Military Grid Reference System (MGRS), UTM, various country grids, and more!
- Distance and bearing measurement tool
- GRIB Weather overlay
- Choose from imperial, metric, or nautical display units
- View elevations and profiles of your route (elevation profiles not included, third-party sourced)
- Link digital photos and sounds to the map via amended waypoint
- Geocaching support - click on a map to see local Geocaching sites.
- Optimize the number of track points (based on user-specified tolerance) with Smart Track Reduction
- Supports ESRI Shapefile (.SHP), format export of waypoints, routes and tracks (not supported on Windows 10)
- Supports GPS Exchange (GPX), Google Earth (KML and KMZ) of waypoints, routes, tracks
- Built-in Odometers and Trip Odometers to calculate distance traveled
Real Time Navigation Features
- Navigate with your Wndows PC with GPS data input from a USB or Bluetooth GPS; or NMEA 0183 to USB adapter
- Full navigational features: speed, waypoints, routes, distance to go, course to steer, magnetic and true courses
- Shows your track and current location on the screen
- pass through support for NMEA autopilot support
- View the map north-up, map-up, or course-up
- Day, dusk and night vision display
- Automatically loads appropriate map from your own digital map library as you travel
- AIS Support in the retired alterative version Fugawi Marine ENC 4.5
Map / Chart Compatibility
- BSB Version 1 through 4 raster nautical charts if no special encryption associated with charts
- nv charts (BSB/EAP from Nautische Verffentlichung Verlagsgesell)
- Softchart charts (NOS/GEO), USGS DRG, Kompass Maps (.gvg), Magic Maps (Tour Explorer .ikt), eTopo, TRAK Maps, Geotiff, ChartTiff, TIFF+TFW
- Fugawi FX4 Maps (raster FX4 maps locked with FX4 Locker)
- ECW (created with ER Mapper version 7.1 and prior)
- SoftMap topo maps Ver. 1-4 (No support for SoftMap Ver. 5, SoftMap not supported in Microsoft Vista / 7 / 8.1 / 10)
- Swiss Map 50 and Swiss Map 25 (Version 3)
- Swedish Government digital maps
- Calibrate any image in BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PCX, or TIF (must know the map datum and coordinates for three points on the map or have a prepared JPR file)
- Supports waypoint, route and track transfer via data card or NMEA cable with most Delorme, Furuno, Garmin, Geonav, Humminbird, Lowrance, Magellan, Raymarine, Silva, Suunto plus many other units.
- Import/Export waypoints, routes and tracks to GPX, SHP, KML, KMZ, TXT and more
- Microsoft® Windows® 7; or, if software run in Administator Mode, supported on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- 1 GB RAM
- 10 GB free on HD
- DVD drive
- Mouse or other pointing device
- Minimum 1024 x 768 16-bit display
- Graphics accelerator recommended for 3D viewing