Waterway Guide - 7-in-1 Bundle
Waterway Guide complete colletion of chart enhancement overlay data for iNavX (iOS / Android)
The Waterway Guide 7-in-1 bundle edition is a companion for any type of chart, a data overlay of indispensable cruising information for boaters exploring in several regions of the USA, Bahamas and Cuba (see list below). Use Waterway Guide in conjunction with iNavX on iOS or Android devices displaying marine charts of the same region from NOAA East, nv charts, or Navionics. See the "HOW TO USE iN INAVX" tab for instructions on use.
The renowned Waterway Guides include detailed listings for over thousands of marinas and boatyards ranging from the Bahamas to Maine and the Great Lakes to the Texas Gulf Coast. Waterway Guide company has been the cruising authority since 1947 and maintains hundreds of data points provided by our marina partners. The downloadable data is used in conjunction with iNavX on iPhone or iPad (iOS 7 required for compatibility with Waterway Guide data layer) and a separate chart already displayed. The Waterway Guide data "floats" on top of any chart and gives you all the information needed to make a decision about where to stay while on the water. This is a must-have reference for both weekend boaters and long-term cruisers.
This compedium of Waterway Guide regions incldudes data coverage of all the regions listed below:
- The Great Lakes + more (includes inland portions of the Great Loop Cruise from New York to the Great Lakes and from Chicago to the Gulf of Mexico)
- Northern (New England coastal, ie. Cape May to Cape Cod, including Hudson River)
- Atlantic ICW (Norfolk VA to the border of Florida)
- Chesapeake Bay
- Southern (including Gulf ICW, Florida east, St. John's River, Okeechobee Waterway, The Keys, Florida west and Gulf of Mexico to Brownsville Texas)
- The Bahamas
- Cuba (including some data overlap with Florida and Bahamas)
*** Important *** This edition of Waterway Guide requires at least iNavX (iOS ) version 5.2 in order to be listed in iNavX and to be able to activate for use. Check App Store | Updates for any applicable iNavX update, install any update before trying to use this Waterway Guide edition.
When you tap on a Waterway Guide icon, a pop-up display specific information, details and services. Our Featured Marinas also provide photos to assist with approach and docking. Data provided may include:
- Contact information
- Largest vessel accommodated
- Number of transient slips
- Approach/dockside depths
- Electrical (amps)
- Internet access
- Ship Store
- Showers, pump-out service, laundry
- Marine supplies
- Courtesy car
- Haul-out capabilities
The illustration below shows a North region set of Waterway Guide data icons (points of interest) blinking for the sake of constrasting these icons with the regular chart graphics; in actual use the icons do not blink, they are steady and easily seen, scrolling along as the underlying chart moves. Tapping on one icon in the lower portion of the screen shows a simulated sample of typical Waterway Guide data for a location -- exact data types and text formatting will vary.
How to use Waterway Guide data overlays
A single purchase of a Waterway Guide region allows use on any two devices with iNavX installed.
|Instructions for iNavX on Apple iPhone and iPad|
|Instructions for iNavX on Android devices|
- If necessary, login with your fugawi.com email + password in the iNavX menu Charts | Account.
- Bring up a chart of an area you wish to overlay with Waterway Guide data.
- Tap the Chart Settings icon (gear-wheel icon in the upper-right corner).
- Scroll down to the Points of Interest row and tap the Setup button.
- Select the appropriate Waterway Guide region.
- Return to the chart and see unique Waterway Guide icons hovering over the matching geographic chart area.
Illustrated steps (with pictures from older iNavX and Navionics chart editions)
(i). On the main page of iNavX 5.x on iOS, tap Charts | Account. Logout if necessary; then enter your Fugawi.com email and its corresponding password. You only need to perform this step once, the first time you set up.
(ii). Display any chart you want that matches the your Waterway Guide subscription's geographic range. A moderately scaled chart view is best.
(iii). Tap the Chart Settings icon (gear-wheel, upper-right corner).
(iv). Scroll down the list of chart settings to the Points of Interest row and tap the Setup button.
(v). From the list of regions, select your subscribed Waterway Guide region so that it is check-marked.
Then tap < Charts in the upper-left corner (older app versions had a Save button).
(vi). Back on the chart display, notice that new icons (anchor, sailboat) for Waterway Guide points of Interest now overlay the chart.
(vii.) Tap any specific points of Interest icon to see available information for that location in a pop-up box. An extra options icon in the upper left corner of the box provides additional information and options.
1. In iNavX, select a chart covering an area you wish to overlay with a Waterway Guide product.
The first time you activate and use the Waterway Guide, perform steps 2, 3, and4; you should only have to do these next few set-up steps once...
2. Select the More tab (...) in the lower-right corner of the screen (see illustration above).
3. Tap the Account menu item. On the account screen, tap the LOG OUT button if you are already logged in.
4. Enter your fugawi.com email + password. Tap Done on the Android keyboard. Then tap the LOGIN button.
5. Return to the main chart screen of iNavX. Tap the Chart Settings icon (the small gear wheel icon in the upper-right region of the screen).
6. Scroll down the list of chart settings until you see the Points of Interest row. On that row, tap Setup.
7. Tap on the Waterway Guide edition you have a subscription for, the one that currently interests you.
(In the illustration below, the ICW product is selected; your product may vary and the list of all possible Waterway Guide products may change over time.)
8. Return to the main chart screen. After a short pause, icons of Waterway Guide data will be overlaid on top of the regular chart symbols and text. The number of icons shown is reduced at higher scales, more icons appear as you reduce the chart scaling.
9. Zoom and pan as necessary. Tap on any given Waterway Guide icon to show a screen presenting all known current data about the object.